If you are experiencing the Overwatch 2 LC-208 login error, you have likely encountered an issue related to your internet connection. The good news is that Blizzard has confirmed that it has fixed majority of these issues and the team is still working to address many of the remaining LC-208 errors. However, a solution is not guaranteed to be instant. If you are still experiencing the problem, you should contact the game’s support team for assistance. They will be able to offer you a solution based on the cause of the problem and how to fix it.
Overwatch 2 Status Update Changelogs – October 7, 2022
- New SMS Protect requirements are in effect. Console players who already had Overwatch connected to their Battle.net account no longer need to meet SMS Protect requirements. Any PC player who played OW1 in the past has this requirement removed.
- Many players who merged their accounts should be seeing their full collections, but we still have a number of lingering accounts in queue to be resolved. Players affected by this have not lost any of their collection or progress.
- We’re working towards a fix for console players who pre-purchased the Watchpoint pack but aren’t seeing the items.
- We have a fix for the LC-208 error in testing for a future update.
- We’re changing configurations within the match making system today and hope to somewhat shorten that wait throughout the day.
- We’ve gathered reports around crashes happening in a few different scenarios here and there. We will continue to work on fixes for these issues, and hope to deploy them in coming updates.
- We saw improvements following the downtimes and fixes from yesterday. More details in the section below.
If you are experiencing the Overwatch 2 LC-208 login error, the first step is to check whether your Internet service provider is blocking your connection. This can be done by accessing the Official Support website for Overwatch. Alternatively, you can try reinstalling the game. If this does not work, contact Blizzard’s customer support team for assistance.
Blizzard’s Overwatch 2 is a popular online game, but it is still in the beta stage. As a result, there are a lot of bugs and errors. Hopefully, these issues will be fixed with the first update, but until then, you may need to use a temporary fix.
Another common cause of the LC-208 login error is a poor internet connection. You may have to restart your Overwatch 2 or your router to resolve the issue. Changing your DNS Server can also resolve the problem. More details on the latest Overwatch 2 fixes can be found here on the Overwatch 2 Status Update – October 7, 2022.