Destiny 2 players should expect some downtime today, as Bungie has started a hotfix 18.104.22.168 update rollout for the game. The update will affect all regions and platforms. In some regions, players may be placed in queues and encounter sign-on issues. In those cases, players should restart their consoles and report the problem to the game’s #Help forum.
Besides fixing some of the known bugs, the hotfix also adds an avenue for players to obtain Deepsight-modified weapons. It also fixes the problem that prevented red-bordered weapons from appearing in Ketchcrash completions. As for what else is new in the update, there’s no information on when it’s scheduled to arrive.
Deepsight modded weapons will now refresh when a character has a weekly reset. The change was first announced at the TWAB conference. Bungie has said more changes are on the way for this hotfix. In addition, Mistraaks are starting to reveal their pasts and requesting patience from players.
SEASONAL ACTIVITY CONTENT
- Fixed an issue where players were blocked from completing the Season 18 intro mission if they lost connection during the activity.
- Fixed an issue where the Deepsight modded weapon from the Hidden Compartment Crew Upgrade wasn’t appropriately refreshing at the weekly reset.
- To alleviate some of the pressure in acquiring Season of Plunder weapon patterns, the Double Perk Weapon Spoils Crew Upgrade will now give you a Deepsight modded weapon the first time you focus a weapon each week. Note: this change is not yet reflected in the upgrade description in-game.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where the Reactive Pulse mod provided permanent overshield.
- Fixed an issue where Eager Edge could be used multiple times in a single activation.
- Fixed an issue where players completing the new Season 18 crafting quests failed to have pattern Triumphs unlocked when acquiring the weapon patterns.
- We’ve reduced the brightness of the effect that appears when you damage yourself with the final round in Touch of Malice’s magazine.
- Fixed mislabeled Cry Mutiny ornament names.
POWER AND PROGRESSION
- Fixed an issue where the legacy War Table weekly challenge was unavailable.
- It now requires defeating Champions in PsiOps Battlegrounds for a powerful reward.
- Fixed an issue where players using Chinese characters in their name were unable to play on the Microsoft Store platform.