Little Witch in the Woods is an upcoming fantasy witch-life role-playing (RPG) video game that’s according to its Steam page tells the story of Ellie, an apprentice witch. In the game, you play as Ellie and explore the mystical forest, help the charming residents, and experience the daily life of the witch. Little Witch in the Woods is developed and published by Sunny Side Up.
Little Witch in the Woods Release Date and Early Access Details
According to the game’s Steam page, Little Witch in the Woods will release as an Early Access in 2021 with full version releases planned for the first half of 2022.
“We consider it important to understand the experiences players feel while playing games,” developer Sunny Side Up said in its Early Access rationale. “It can help us provide a better experience for players. We expect to be able to get insights from not developers, but players during Early Access. The insights will help us make Little Witch in the Woods better.”
According to Gematsu, Little Witch in the Woods Early Access version will include the initial story and core content of the gameplay. You will be able to play two main stories, meet more than seven characters, explore two different areas, discover more than 10 animals and plants, and make some potions.
Below you can check out other details about the game.
- Become the main character, Ellie, and proceed with the story so that you can complete your apprenticeship successfully.
- Practice the teachings you learned at the Witch School, help people, and make the world a better place.
- Make friends with the charming characters in village, and listen to the inner stories they bear. If you can become their best friend, you can maybe hear their secrets.
Activities and Exploration
- Gather and process materials to create potions! The potions are useful in solving problems.
- Explore a mysterious fantasy world. You can find unique areas where you can meet cute creatures. Interact with various creatures and fill in the information in the witch’s book!
- Find hidden places where you can get special items or find shortcuts.
Leisurely Daily Life
- Chat with new friends and find out their tastes. If you give them a gift that suits their taste, you will be able to get closer to your friends more quickly.
- The witch and the cat are a historically inseparable partnership. Communicate with cats living in various places. Each cat’s personality will be as different as its appearance. If you have a fateful encounter with a cat, the cat may want to spend every day with you.
- Sometimes you can fish and enjoy the peace. A relaxing rest will give you the energy to go on a vigorous adventure the next day.
Check out the Little Witch in the Woods trailer below.