Today, the developer of Phasmophobia, Kinetic Games, released a major hotfix v0.6.0.1 VR overhaul update for its popular online PC VR game. The new update comes just a day after the hotfix v0.6.0.0 was released. The latest update adds significant improvements to the VR functionality of the game, and also switches from the outdated OpenVR API to the more modern OpenXR, which fixes bugs and is compatible with all the popular PCVR headsets. In addition to this, the update also adds a new option for voice transmission in VR.
The update also adds support for cross-platform play, which means you can play with friends or with others from multiple platforms. You can play as a ghost hunter or monitor a haunted location using various devices.
Phasmophobia also features creepy graphics and bone-chilling sounds that give players the ultimate chilling experience. The new patch also includes a number of bug fixes and other improvements for the game’s VR compatibility.
Phasmophobia VR Overhaul Hotfix v0.6.0.1 Update Patch Notes
- Added Velcro to the small tent doors to help you see where to grab them in VR
- Added up and down scroll arrows to the item store for VR to replace the scroll bar. Other scroll bars will be replaced in another update
- Lowered the delay for taking photos in quick succession from 3s to 1s
- Sanity pills are no longer a consumable when used
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t place DOTS Projectors and Motion Sensors on walls
- Fixed a bug where some of the controls image during training was misaligned
- Fixed a bug where text in some languages in the truck were overlapping
- Fixed the splash screen text overlapping in some languages
- Fixed a bug where the Edgefield Garage light bled upstairs
- Fixed a bug where the glowstick rendered incorrectly from far away
- Fixed a bug where having toggle mute on would mute you by default
- Fixed a VR bug where some items were rotated wrong when held
- Fixed a VR bug where the belt would disable when you died, making it impossible to use the Journal
- Fixed a VR bug where you couldn’t pick up the bone with Teleport Grab enabled
- Fixed several cabinets and doors so that you can’t rip them off of their hinges in VR
- Fixed a VR bug where several cabinet and door highlight circles were in the incorrect position
- Fixed a VR bug where the DOTS Project ghost would show on the smooth spectator camera
- Fixed a VR bug where push to talk and toggle mute wasn’t working on most headsets
- Fixed a VR bug where you couldn’t teleport onto most floors with teleport movement