Microsoft today announced the all-new Xbox Wireless Headset for its next-generation Xbox Series X/S console. Microsoft says, that with the new Xbox Wireless Headset players on the Xbox Series X/S or the Xbox One will experience a more realistic and immersive sound. The new headset is also said to deliver best-in-class audio, chat performance, outstanding design, and comfort while gaming on the next-gen console.
“We spent a lot of time in the audio testing chambers trying to characterize and understand how the headset reproduces audio in different room environments. It goes in your living room, game room, and dorm room and we want it to sound the best for all types of audio.” said Erik Garcia, Project Architect and Lead. “In the same way, the team studied game-play to ensure great sounding chat, sensitive mic to prevent background noise.”
New Xbox Wireless Headset Price and Availability
The new Xbox Wireless Headset will be available beginning March 16 in most worldwide Xbox markets and can be pre-ordered at select retailers, including Microsoft Store, starting on February 16 at 7 a.m. PST).
New Xbox Wireless Headset Key Features and Specifications
- Supports Dolby Atmos,
- DTS Headphone: X and Windows Sonic
- Dual beamforming mic with voice isolation and more
- Clear and intelligent chat audio quality
- Voice isolation tuning
- Auto-mute feature
- Ultra-lightweight design, ultra-soft large earcups made of polyurethane leather
- Multiple device support including Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs, and mobile devices via Bluetooth
- Fine-tune and audio controls, including equalizer settings, bass boost, auto-mute sensitivity, mic monitoring, and brightness of mic’s mute light
- 30 minutes of charging 4 hours of battery life, 3 hours of charging up to 15 hours of battery life
- Available March 16 for $99.99
Check out the official Xbox Wireless Headset launch trailer video below.